Sunday, January 29, 2012

Block Colony UP School, Kashinagar


HM - Trinath Nayak
Total number of teachers: 8
Teachers undergoing training: 4
Although the school has 4 computers, hardware problem is a constant irritation. They are under regular maintenance but even then problems are frequent.
I had a discussion with the HM and the English teacher. The latter makes good use of technology even though she teaches English.

  • The visit to this school was an unscheduled one as I had some time after completing my planned visit to the nearby school. My sole purpose was to gauge the level of internalization of the program objectives.
  • The HM and the teacher I interacted with are very positive about the program but I still feel somewhere the finer point - as regards the criticality of pedagogy as a driver of technology integration is missing.
  • That integrating technology in teaching learning is a pedagogic decision and not a technology one is missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment